At Auto Medics, we are available to collect and return your vehicle if your motor requires essential body work repairs. This ensures you stay safe and follow the Governments recommendations during the COVID-19 lockdown while ensuring the upkeep of your motor.
Lockdown Car Body Repairs High Wycombe
If you are uncertain of the rules surrounding using your car during this period or worried about how to keep your motor roadworthy, Auto Medics are here to clarify.
You should only drive your car for the reasons specified by the Government, these instances are limited to:
- Unavoidable travel to and from your workplace
- Shopping for essentials
- Medical purposes
This means that our cars could be left unused for an indefinite period of time, which can cause problems when it comes to needing to drive again. In order to keep your car roadworthy for essential trips the following tips should help you through lockdown:
- Maintain your car battery:
- Start it up once a week and let it run for approximately 15 minutes
- This will help increase the battery’s charge as well as circulate oil and fuel around the engine.
- Avoid turning your car on and off quickly as this can cause issues for the starter motor.
- Never leave your car running unattended.
- Maintain the brakes of your car
- Left for a long period brake discs can start to corrode eventually leading to them seizing up and requiring the attention of a mechanic.
- To avoid this roll your car back and forth a few metres now and again.
- This will also help prevent your wheels developing flat spots and your hand brake from sticking.
If your car MOT is due during lockdown, you should also be aware that from 30 March 2020 a 6 month extension period has been granted.
When you next need to drive your car, if it’s been a while since you last did so be sure to check the following to ensure your car is safe and roadworthy:
- Fluid levels including oil, engine coolant, brake fluid and screen wash.
- Gently try your brakes when setting off
- Check lights are all working
- Check tyres have required tread and are appropriately inflated.
Car Body Shop High Wycombe
Garages and body shops like Auto Medics remain open for essential repairs. We have a collect and return service in place across High Wycombe and surrounding areas to prevent you needing to break Government instructions to stay home.
If you find yourself in need of car repairs during the COVID-19 lockdown, Auto Medics, car body repair specialists in High Wycombe, offer a sanitary service with the offer of a free courtesy car equipped with gloves. We are observing the 2 metre distancing rule and handing over keys in a plastic bag.
For more information about our services to support anyone needing car repairs during the Coronavirus lockdown get in touch with Auto Medics at their car body shop in High Wycombe on 01494 356 778. Discounts are available to NHS staff and those classified as key workers throughout the Coronavirus pandemic.
We hope you take care as you go about your day and stay safe, while adhering to the rules as extended by the Government earlier this week. Together as a community we will get through this.