As experts in diamond cutting alloy wheels, Auto Medics are here to tell you that a diamond cut wheel needs different treatment to a standard alloy wheel. Once the diamond cutting process has been completed the wheel is lacquered. If the lacquer is damaged this can affect the look of the wheel and even cause corrosion.
Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels High Wycombe
Repairing diamond cut alloys isn’t an infinite solution. Diamond cutting can only be carried out a certain number of times to ensure the structural integrity of the wheel remains.
This is why it is important to look after your wheels once they have been diamond cut and your friendly diamond cutting wheel specialist in High Wycombe, Auto Medics are here to share their advice. It is vital to keep the lacquer intact to avoid damage to your wheels and this means using or avoiding certain products and processes to maintain the just out of the showroom shine diamond cut wheels offer.
Top Tips to keep your Diamond Cut Alloys in Tip Top Condition
- Start by rinsing as much dirt from your wheel using a hose.
- Avoid using snow foams with colouring agents as they can stain diamond cut wheels.
- Spray the tyre wall with wheel cleaner and tackle the dirt with a stiff bristled tyre brush.
- Only use a pH neutral or pH balanced wheel cleaner as acid or alkaline based cleaners can discolour the surface of your wheel.
- Remove brake dust accumulation with a fallout remover. Once this has worked its magic be sure to thoroughly rinse.
- Use a mild shampoo as they don’t contain harsh chemicals found in wheel shampoos.
- Using a wheel brush dunk it in a bucket of the water/shampoo mix and clean between the spokes, inside the wheel and then across the face of the wheel. Working from top to bottom. Don’t press too hard! And once again be sure to rinse thoroughly.
- Use a microfibre cloth or an air blower to dry the wheel.
- Protect your wheels with a wheel wax or sealant to protect them from environmental factors. Buff with a microfibre cloth.
Diamond Cut Wheel Refurbishment High Wycombe
Auto Medics, based in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire are specialists in diamond cutting wheels. If your wheels need diamond cut wheel refurbishment you can get in touch with the team on 01494 533 534. We remain open through the COVID-19 lockdown and are following social distancing guidelines as specified by the Government.
We talk about Diamond Cut Alloys a lot on our blog because not only are we one of the only diamond cut alloy specialists in and around High Wycombe but because we are the best and we are proud of the work we produce.
Check out the Auto Medics Facebook page for some of the spectacular images of diamond cut wheels completed by the Auto Medics team; giving wheels like yours this desirable, pristine finish. This sought-after finish can only be achieved with our specialist lathe, so if you’ve been meaning to give your wheels a refresh then get in touch with our team in High Wycombe on 01494 533 534.
Our Facebook page showcases what we are capable of and the feedback our customers give based on the first class work we carry out on their treasured vehicles. If you’re looking for a reason to choose Auto Medics, head over to Facebook and we guarantee our work will speak for itself.
At Auto Medics, we are experts in refurbishing and polishing diamond cut alloy wheels at our car body repair shop in High Wycombe.
What is Diamond Cutting?
Diamond cut alloy wheels are often painted before being put on a specialist lathe, where part or the entire surface is machined producing a shiny finish. Once this process is complete lacquer is applied to prevent corrosion.
If you are looking to get your alloy wheels refurbished it is important to know whether your alloys are diamond cut or not. To identify diamond cut alloy wheels check whether they have a smooth, shiny finish with visible grain lines in the metal where they have been turned on the lathe, the effect is often described as resembling that of a CD.
Diamond Cut Alloys High Wycombe
Drop in to our car body repair shop in High Wycombe or send us a photo if you’re unsure whether your alloys are diamond cut or not. We will professionally advise you of the best process for your alloy wheels and provide a competitive, no obligation quote to complete the required work.
Due to the process of diamond cutting alloy wheels requiring a specialist lathe, refurbishment of diamond cut alloys needs to take place at our repair shop and cannot be carried out through our mobile alloy wheel refurbishment service in and around High Wycombe.
For more information about diamond cut alloy wheel repairs in High Wycombe, contact Auto Medics on 01494 533 534, we are here to help. Our expert technicians operate a specialist diamond tipped lathe in order to fully refurbish your diamond cut wheels.