Before you get your car resprayed, be it for a colour update or to ensure your motor has that fresh out of a showroom look, you need to consider the following before booking your car in for a paint job.
- Find a Professional
Unless you have years of experience, all the necessary equipment and the time, care and attention to do your car justice, then avoid DIY respray jobs.
A professional will consider health and safety, the environment and also complete the job with skill, speed and due diligence.
- Do your Homework
Make sure you get a number of quotes, check out the body shops yu narrow it down to once you have received quotes and check out their references, online and from anyone offering personal recommendations.
- Sort out Existing Dents, Dings and Scratches
A car respray needs to be carried out on a completely flat surface, so you will need to factor this into the cost of the respray and get this work carried out first.
Car Paint Job High Wycombe
After these repairs have been carried out, a professional team will mask everything not to be sprayed and the following steps should happen:
- Selection of the correct paint colour
- Stripping the original paintwork
- Rubbing down
- Top coat and lacquer
- Rubbing down
Car Resprays High Wycombe
At Auto Medics, we professionally respray cars to the highest possible standards to have your car looking as good as new. Get in touch on 01494 533534 for further information.
Thinking of getting a car respray? Auto Medics are here with the things you need to consider before in your respray.
- Hire a Professional
Unless you are a car pro with the know-how, a good space to work, the correct equipment and safety equipment then you should leave your paint job to the professionals, not only do we know how to deliver the perfect finish fast and effectively but we are also aware of the health and safety and environmental implications involved with the process and how to deal with them.
- Shop around
It is vital to do your homework before enlisting someone to respray your motor. Avoid hiring the cheapest, nearest, easiest option. You need to locate someone with expertise and precision. Obtain a range of quotes, take a look at their premises and ask for references or check out motors they have resprayed.
For the best finish possible a respray needs to be done on a surface that is as smooth and flat as possible. This means having dents, scratches and scrapes removed before respraying your vehicle.
There’s skill involved in prepping a car before work commences. It’s important to get the prep right or it can be costly to fix. Experts will take off removable elements that don’t require painting, and mask windows, lights, trim, alloy wheels and so on with due care and diligence.
Vital to the success of your car’s respray, once the above has been considered, are the following basic steps:
- Ensuring the correct paint colour is chosen.
- Stripping the current paint.
- Etch priming and priming.
- Rubbing down before applying a top coat and lacquering.
- Rubbing down before buffing and polishing.
The time and skill that go into these steps have been acquired by professionals and built up through vigorous training and years of practice.
We take pride in ensuring every customer is satisfied with the end result, for more information about car resprays get in touch with the professional team at Auto Medics on 01494 533 534.
If you’re thinking of updating the colour of your motor this new year or are simply looking for a respray to refresh the look of your car, we, at Auto Medics, are here to ensure you take these considerations into account before proceeding with a paint job.
- Before considering a respray for your vehicle, it’s vital to ensure that any chips, dents or scratches are repaired as a respray should only be done when the surface of the car is totally flat and smooth.
- Choosing to have your car resprayed is a big decision, unless you have the relevant training, equipment and work space, you should only enlist a professional to respray your car. Professionals will ensure an immaculate finish due to the skill and efficiency that comes with experience; not only that but they will ensure necessary health and safety considerations are taken, ensuring responsible paint use and disposal.
- Don’t be tempted to do the job cheaply, after all you get what you pay for. We advise asking around for recommendations and then requesting a range of quotes, following up with a visit to the premises that you’ve decided upon to ensure they are a professional set-up. For examples of the work we do here at Auto Medics, check out the images we upload of our completed jobs to our Facebook page.
It’s worth mentioning that hiring not only a professional, but the right professional can take a respray from average to perfection. A paint job gone wrong can prove expensive to correct. In short, we feel the perfect respray involves the following essential steps:
Choosing the perfect professional body shop – Selecting the right colour to paint your car – Stripping the existing colour – Priming – Rubbing down the vehicle with a fine sandpaper – Applying a top coat and lacquer – Rubbing down – Buffing the vehicle – And finally polishing
At Auto Medics, our reputation proceeds us, we are equipped to repair any chips, dents and scratches prior to respraying your vehicle. For more information get in touch with us on 01494 533534.