As experts in diamond cutting alloy wheels, Auto Medics are here to tell you that a diamond cut wheel needs different treatment to a standard alloy wheel. Once the diamond cutting process has been completed the wheel is lacquered. If the lacquer is damaged this can affect the look of the wheel and even cause corrosion.
Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels High Wycombe
Repairing diamond cut alloys isn’t an infinite solution. Diamond cutting can only be carried out a certain number of times to ensure the structural integrity of the wheel remains.
This is why it is important to look after your wheels once they have been diamond cut and your friendly diamond cutting wheel specialist in High Wycombe, Auto Medics are here to share their advice. It is vital to keep the lacquer intact to avoid damage to your wheels and this means using or avoiding certain products and processes to maintain the just out of the showroom shine diamond cut wheels offer.
Top Tips to keep your Diamond Cut Alloys in Tip Top Condition
- Start by rinsing as much dirt from your wheel using a hose.
- Avoid using snow foams with colouring agents as they can stain diamond cut wheels.
- Spray the tyre wall with wheel cleaner and tackle the dirt with a stiff bristled tyre brush.
- Only use a pH neutral or pH balanced wheel cleaner as acid or alkaline based cleaners can discolour the surface of your wheel.
- Remove brake dust accumulation with a fallout remover. Once this has worked its magic be sure to thoroughly rinse.
- Use a mild shampoo as they don’t contain harsh chemicals found in wheel shampoos.
- Using a wheel brush dunk it in a bucket of the water/shampoo mix and clean between the spokes, inside the wheel and then across the face of the wheel. Working from top to bottom. Don’t press too hard! And once again be sure to rinse thoroughly.
- Use a microfibre cloth or an air blower to dry the wheel.
- Protect your wheels with a wheel wax or sealant to protect them from environmental factors. Buff with a microfibre cloth.
Diamond Cut Wheel Refurbishment High Wycombe
Auto Medics, based in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire are specialists in diamond cutting wheels. If your wheels need diamond cut wheel refurbishment you can get in touch with the team on 01494 533 534. We remain open through the COVID-19 lockdown and are following social distancing guidelines as specified by the Government.