There are a number of reasons that driving in Autumn can be unexpectedly more dangerous than in any other season. Weather conditions can be unpredictable and accidents can happen.
As summer becomes autumn, the glare from the sun in the morning and late afternoon can become troublesome for drivers and extra care needs to be taken to see oncoming vehicles or pedestrians. And although beautiful, autumn leaves falling from trees not only cover roads but hide potholes that unsuspecting motorists then hit. Also, when it rains these leaves become wet and increase the likelihood of skidding unexpectedly.
As schools go back and evenings get darker there’s more traffic on the roads and pedestrians to watch out for, not to mention busy farmers operating heavy machinery as they harvest their crops.
When driving at dusk on in the darkness there’s greater need to keep an eye out for wildlife crossing roads near woodland areas as they forage for food and migrate.
So, to avoid accidents that autumnal conditions can bring upon us, it’s advised that you:
- Keep to speed limits and slow down where visibility is reduced.
- Ensure the tread of your tyres is appropriate to help avoid slipping in wet conditions.
- Remain a safe distance from the car in front of you.
- Keep your windscreen clear and ensure your wipers don’t need replacing.
- As the evenings get darker remember to use put your lights on to ensure you can see and be seen.
Accident Repairs High Wycombe
Should you find yourself involved in an accident and require repairs to your motor, get in touch with the highly skilled team at Auto Medics on 01494 533 534. We carry out accident repairs in High Wycombe and can even offer you a quote for your insurance company if required.
Keeping your car clean can significantly extend the life of your motor, but all too often car paintwork needs to be repaired due to unnecessary neglect. Such repairs could be avoided if a car was washed or cleaned regularly.
The problem with letting your car remain dirty is that grit and dirt lead to increased wear and tear and accelerates corrosion.
- In winter, salt from gritted roads is a leading cause of corrosion
- Leaving bird mess on your car also proves disastrous for paintwork
- Stone chips left unnoticed will cause corrosion to spread
- Dirt and dust can leave paintwork dull
Cleaning your car needn’t be a chore; while automatic car washes aren’t necessarily the answer due to the fine scratches that can be left by the stiff brushes, there are numerous car cleaning services that will clean your car inside and out for you. However it’s more economical to clean your yourself. To do so:
- Use a cleaning solution meant for cars
- Dry the car with a chamois
- Polish paintwork at least once a year
- Attend to stone chips swiftly to prevent corrosion
Body Shop Repairs in High Wycombe
We are Auto Medics, a car body repair shop based in High Wycombe. We undertake all car body repairs, from minor damage such as scuffs and scratches to major repairs, paint jobs and alloy wheel refurbishment. And if you can’t clean your car yourself we do offer a valeting service. For more information, get in touch with Auto Medics on 01494 533 534.
These days many cars come fitted with diamond cut alloys, the latest must have wheel finish. It is easy to identify a diamond cut alloy as they are super shiny and look like the back of a CD. Auto Medics are specialists is diamond cutting alloys; a very skilled process that is produced using a diamond tipped lathe to remove a thin layer of alloy from the wheel, with the wheel then being lacquered to produce the overall effect.
Alloy Wheel Refurbishment High Wycombe
You might read that diamond cut alloys are more prone to corrosion than other alloys. This is not true. If any wheel is damaged and the lacquer broken water can get in and lead to corrosion. A corroded diamond cut wheel will have a cloudy appearance.
When it comes to the refurbishment of diamond cut alloys, there is a limited number of times diamond cut wheels can undergo refurbishment, eventually too much of the alloy wheel is removed. Usually wheels can only be diamond cut 1-2 times as any more and the wheel can become weak and compromised.
Diamond Cut Wheels High Wycombe
A diamond cut alloy can only be refurbished by a bodyshop that has the right specialist equipment and expertise. At Auto Medics, we have both the technology and the skill, and will expertly diamond cut your alloys to ensure your wheels look great. For more information about diamond cut alloy wheels and repair in High Wycombe, get in touch with the Auto Medics team on 01494 533 534.
Being involved in a car accident can create a whirlwind of admin and anxiety; sorting out the insurance, paperwork, ensuring you arrange a courtesy car, not to mention recovering from any injuries you might have sustained.
Auto Medics understand this and ensure the repair process is as simple and straightforward as possible – we even throw in a free courtesy vehicle for the duration of your car repairs, just make sure you let us know when we book your repair work in so we can check availability.
Insurance Repairs High Wycombe
There is often some confusion when it comes to accident repairs; insurers tend to persuade their customers to have repair work conducted by their suppliers. What many people don’t realise is that if you have a trusted garage/body shop you’d prefer to use that is your decision to make.
You must simply advise your insurer of the body shop you would like to use and advise your chosen repair centre you need a quote for insurance purposes. The insurer will usually compare quotes with their suppliers to ensure the work is not overpriced.
Accident Repairs High Wycombe
So if you have a vehicle in need or repair following an accident, don’t hesitate to contact Auto Medics in High Wycombe on 01494 533 534. Our expert, friendly team will have your motor looking pristine again in no time.
Before you get your car resprayed, be it for a colour update or to ensure your motor has that fresh out of a showroom look, you need to consider the following before booking your car in for a paint job.
- Find a Professional
Unless you have years of experience, all the necessary equipment and the time, care and attention to do your car justice, then avoid DIY respray jobs.
A professional will consider health and safety, the environment and also complete the job with skill, speed and due diligence.
- Do your Homework
Make sure you get a number of quotes, check out the body shops yu narrow it down to once you have received quotes and check out their references, online and from anyone offering personal recommendations.
- Sort out Existing Dents, Dings and Scratches
A car respray needs to be carried out on a completely flat surface, so you will need to factor this into the cost of the respray and get this work carried out first.
Car Paint Job High Wycombe
After these repairs have been carried out, a professional team will mask everything not to be sprayed and the following steps should happen:
- Selection of the correct paint colour
- Stripping the original paintwork
- Rubbing down
- Top coat and lacquer
- Rubbing down
Car Resprays High Wycombe
At Auto Medics, we professionally respray cars to the highest possible standards to have your car looking as good as new. Get in touch on 01494 533534 for further information.
Alloy wheels are easy to damage; chips, scuffs, corrosion, kerb and pothole damage can happen to any wheels, which can result in the need to repair your alloy wheels.
It’s worth noting that alloy wheels don’t need to have suffered extensive damage before you get in touch with the alloy wheel repair experts at Auto Medics in High Wycombe. Our alloy wheel repair service includes diamond cut wheels. We are one of the few garages in High Wycombe that have invested in a specialist lathe for diamond cutting and also with the expertise to carry out the art of diamond cutting alloy wheels.
Auto Medics know that appearance is everything when it comes to our motors, that’s why we use state of the art equipment, making sure we restore your alloys to look as good as new. We not only refurbish your wheels to make your car look its best but also to maintain the value of your motor.
Alloy Wheel Repairs High Wycombe
Get in touch with Auto Medics on 01494 533 534 to discuss alloy wheel repair or diamond cut alloys further.
The sun is shining giving us as taste of summer, which is why it’s prime time to start thinking about getting your car ready for summertime. Especially if you plan on taking long road trips, because hot temperatures like we saw across the UK last year can be tough on cars. Auto Medics, car body repair shop near Beaconsfield, are here to share important car maintenance tips to ensure your car and you don’t overheat in the summer sun.
But first let’s focus on some of the damage you can do if you avoid simple car maintenance necessities.
- Consistent use of the cooling system and air conditioning can strain it to its limit.
- If you get stuck in summer getaway traffic, frequent stop-starting proves hard on the engine, transmission and brakes.
- Performance can be significantly reduced by the dirt and dust that inevitably clogs the engine filters.
- Plus hot weather in dry, dusty conditions can accelerate aging of some major features of your motor, including your tyres and drive belts.
So, in order to avoid causing costly damage to your vehicle, follow this simple checklist to ensure your car is road safe before you drive off into the sunset on that dream vacation.
- Check your Tyres – check the tread of your all your tyres is road legal and ensure tyre pressure is as recommended by the car manufacturer.
- Test your Air Conditioning – no one wants to overheat in the summer sun, so run your air conditioning to check it actually blows cold air. If you notice weird smells and/or noises get it checked by an expert to ensure there’s not a leak or a need for a good clean.
- Pop the Bonnet – check your battery for corrosion; check your oil and coolant levels and top up if they are low; check other components such as belts and hoses for signs of wear and tear and if anything seems worn get them checked by a professional.
- Test your Brakes – if you notice stopping distances lengthening or strange noises or vibration don’t avoid getting your car checked by a mechanic.
- Inspect your Lights – clean the exterior of your lights and replace any bulbs that no longer work.
- Replace Windscreen Wipers – if you struggle to see properly when it’s raining and the wipers are going it’s time to change your wipers, also don’t forget to fill your washer fluid from time to time, summer is the optimum time for dusty, bug splattered windscreens.
Car Body Repair Shop near Beaconsfield
Wherever you’re off to on your travels this summer there’s no excuse not to carry out these simple checks. Happy travels, and remember to check into Auto Medics if you ever find yourself needing any of our car body repair services.
Auto Medics is a car body repair shop based in High Wycombe. We are experts in alloy wheel refurbishment and can offer advice on the best type of alloy wheels for your vehicle.
Making the choice to have alloy wheels fitted will give your car a unique look of its own. It will also benefit from faster suspension performance, enhanced acceleration and improved handling.
Alloy wheels come in a wide range of styles and it can be difficult to choose the right wheels to enhance the look of your motor. Here’s a list of things you should know when looking to buy alloy wheels:
- Know your budget
- Decide whether you want split rim or single piece alloy trims
- Know the size you need
- Do you want lines/curves?
- Do you want coloured wheels?
- What sort of finish do you want?
Other considerations you need to be aware of include:
- Choose alloys that are the right size; alloys that are too big can put strain on your brakes and change how your car handles. Wheels on the small side can position your car too low.
- Consider how you drive. If you often drive in heavy traffic a light alloy trim will aid you in reducing pressure on your brakes as you stop and start. If you want to improve acceleration and how you handle corners a wider rim will aid your handling. #
- Be prepared to look after your alloys, if you want something low maintenance avoid glossy or mirrored finishes and opt for a matt finish that can hide wear and tear more.
Alloy Wheel Refurbishment High Wycombe
If you fail to take care of your alloy wheels once you have them, you’ll be relieved to know that you don’t have to replace them as they sustain damage and look a little worse for wear. Auto Medics offer a first class alloy wheel refurbishment service in High Wycombe. We provide a fast, effective way of making your wheels look as good as new again. We can refurbish, colour change and repair alloy wheels, so contact Auto Medics on 01494 533 534 for more information.
Every new season brings new car maintenance issues to consider; following the long, cold winter it’s time to address the issues that wintry weather can cause your motor.
The Auto Medics checklist includes:
Winter causes your car to work harder, utilising more screen wash and other engine fluids than any other season typically. Now spring is here take time to check your fluid levels and top up where required.
- Replace your windscreen wipers
Windscreen wipers get a lot of use in winter but can be needed just as much or more during spring, if your wipers are squeaking when in use or your windscreen just isn’t getting clean, it’s definitely time to get them replaced.
- Get your suspension and wheel alignment checked
Wintry weather brings with it chaotic road conditions, namely an increase in potholes, which is bad news for your wheels, tyres and suspension. Getting these all checked out by a professional can ensure your car is driving safely.
- A good old fashioned clean inside and out
The winter months tend to see your car take a beating with wintry showers, frost, muddy puddles, muddy feet and lots more besides. Now that spring is upon us get your car professionally cleaned or take time to give your car a thorough wash, polish and wax on the outside and declutter, dust down, polish and vacuum on the inside.
Full Car Body Repair Shop High Wycombe
Getting your motor looking good for the warmer months is a matter of pride for any car enthusiast, if you need help maintaining your motor(s) we carry out alloy wheel refurbishment and diamond cut alloys, plus car body repairs, interior and trim repairs, valeting and fleet maintenance to name but a few. You can get in touch with Auto Medics in High Wycombe on 01494 533 534 for your full car body shop needs.
If you’re looking for the best in alloy wheel refurbishment in and around Beaconsfield look no further than Auto Medics and check out the stunning results on this stunning VW Golf R; we recently refurbished all four alloy wheels in high gloss black and then threw in a free mini valet and free courtesy car, all for the low cost of £340 plus VAT. And what’s more, we turned this job around in 2-3 days with free collection and delivery.
You too can benefit from our affordable alloy wheel refurbishment service at Auto Medics, our car body repair shop near to Beaconsfield. Alloy wheel refurbishment is a quick, effective way of getting your wheels looking as good as new.
Alloy Wheel Refurbishment Beaconsfield
Our expert team can diamond cut, refurbish, colour change and repair your wheels to the highest possible standard, so before you write-off your alloys as irreparable get in touch with us on 01494 533534, you’ll be surprised at the difference we can make.