Summer is here! So, it’s time to ensure your car is prepared for the warmer weather. As always, Auto Medics are here with the tips you need to maintain your motor.
Car Body Shop High Wycombe
As lockdown rules ease you might find yourself using your motor on a more regular basis. Here are some tips to ensure your vehicle is safe to drive as the summer heat continues.
- The sun’s rays can damage the paintwork of your car. Keeping your car waxed will act as your car’s very own sun screen, helping to protect it from the sun’s heat.
- Parking in a shady spot is recommended, particularly if you have leather seats.
- Ensure your cooling system is in working order especially throughout the summer months. Keep it topped up with coolant and water and ensure vents aren’t blocked to avoid your motor overheating.
- If you have concerns about your air conditioning system not working properly, get it checked out as it could be that it needs recharging. Air filters could also need replacing to ensure better air quality.
- After months of lockdown and reduced driving it’s a good time to get your battery checked. The hotter weather in summer months make your car battery work harder.
- Ensure you’ve replaced winter tyres with summer equivalents as these are better designed to grip roads at a hotter temperature.
- It’s also important to check your tyre pressure throughout summer. Temperature change can alter tyre pressure, so regular checks can help prevent tyres wearing unevenly leading them to become less fuel-efficient.
- Be sure to check oil levels frequently throughout summer as driving in warmer weather can take its toll on your engine.
Car Bodywork Repair Experts in High Wycombe
Following these tips can help keep you and your car cool throughout summer.
At Auto Medics, in High Wycombe, we have a new pro detailer onsite. Check out the Mercedes E63s on our Facebook page that just had a full stage 3 polish. We are sure you will see that the results speak for themselves.
So, if you are in need of detailing, polishing or any basic car care, get in touch with the car bodywork repair experts in High Wycombe at Auto Medics. You can reach us on 01494 533 534.